Job Title: Manager, Member and Donor Care
Start date: As soon as possible
TLC The Land Conservancy of BC is a charitable, membership-based land trust working to protect British Columbia’s biological diversity. We are currently seeking an experienced manager to grow relationships with present and future members and donors.
This includes creating fundraising strategies and materials, increasing member and donor engagement, and transitioning TLC’s database to a new platform.
- Responsible for all customer service contact with members and donors by mail, phone and email, including responding to inquiries and administering membership renewals, account changes, address corrections, etc.
- Implement membership renewal and donor stewardship procedures
- Work closely with Communications Manager to develop special appeals and strategic communications
- Liaise with Board Fundraising Committee
- Assist with transition to a new TLC member and donor database
- Maintain existing Grants and Planned Giving files
- Produce stewardship materials and thank you letters
- Manage all outgoing member and donor mailings in accordance with the communications calendar
- Provide financial reports such as revenue reporting and appeal results
- Develop and maintain budgetary controls for department
- Manage events and other revenue/membership-generating strategies and partnerships
- Engage volunteers as necessary to support development activities
- Oversee Volunteer Coordinator
- Perform data entry processes related to TLC membership gifts, donations, and related transactions or delegate
- Perform other related duties as required
- Post-secondary Diploma in Fundraising, Business or Communications
- 2-4 years of fundraising or development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of donor moves management (tracking donor engagement)
- Knowledge/experience of major gifts and planned giving
- Proficient with databases and all Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable engaging with diverse audiences
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Demonstrated initiative, continuing desire to learn, and accepting of change, uncertainty, or increasing responsibilities
Interested candidates should e-mail their resume and cover letter, with “Member Care” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday April 13 at 4 pm.
Salary commensurate with experience, TLC offers a health and dental plan, and MSP coverage. This is a full time position based on 35 hours per week.
We thank all applicants however only those shortlisted will be contacted.